Everyone loves beautiful and slim bodies. We always envy a handsome man with an athletic figure. Don't blame everything on genetics. Man creates his own body!
This article describes the most popular and effective exercises for losing weight on the abdomen and sides.
Anatomical features of the muscles of the anterior surface of the abdomen
Before moving on to the exercises, you need to know the main anatomical features and functions of muscle groups in the abdomen and sides. The rectus muscle is located along the white line of the abdomen.
This muscle is responsible for the cherished abs cubes. To the side of the rectus abdominis muscle, the external and internal oblique muscles lie on top of each other. It is the study of these muscles that will reduce the waist and remove unnecessary "ears" over the jeans.
Important to know!
Any workout necessarily begins with warm up and warming up your body. This will speed up the body's metabolism (metabolism) and prepare the muscles for training.
Warming up is very important as it prevents injury. You just need to spend a couple of minutes and do:
- March in one place, lifting the thigh high for 45-60 seconds. Better to do it at the maximum pace.
- Jogging in place for 1-2 minutes. Simulating running at a slow pace will speed up blood circulation throughout the body.
- Swing your arms in front of you until you feel a warming burning sensation in your shoulders.
Exercise for belly slimming
Everyone once pumped their abs and dreamed of dice. Much to our chagrin, it should be noted that not all exercises are equally effective. Each exercise has its own place in the training program and its own desired pace and technique.
The mistake of a person who chooses an exercise for the press is to choose a more complex and elaborate exercise. This is wrong, because sometimes the simplest and most famous exercise has a better effect than two new ones.
So, here are the exercises you need to do to lose belly weight:
- Turns the torso on the floor.Lying on your back, place your hands behind your head. Raise your legs in the air and bend them at the knees. In this case, the hips should be vertical. As you exhale, raise the elbow to the opposite knee in turn 12-17 times. This exercise engages the lateral abdominal muscles.
- Torso twist.Lying on your back, bend your legs. Hands behind head. On exhalation, tear the shoulder blades off the floor while maintaining the position of the elbows to the side. Raise your shoulder blades by rounding your back. Do 15-17 repetitions. Then hold the torso in a bent position for 20-25 seconds. This supplement will enhance the effect of the exercise and speed up the process of losing weight.
- Ups and curls of the trunk on the bench.To do this exercise you need a bench or chair. Lying on your back, place your shins on a chair. In this position, the knees should point up. Hands behind the head, elbows pointing to the side. Lift your shoulder blades off the floor, keeping your elbows in position. After 20-30 repetitions, we continue the exercise by twisting, touching the left knee with the right elbow and the right one in turn with the left elbow.
- Raising the legs on the bench.This exercise engages the lower rectus abdominis muscles (lower cubes). To begin this exercise, sit on the edge of a chair or bench. Place your hands on the back. Place your legs straight in front of the floor. Raise your legs, bending them at the knee joint, trying to reach with your knees to the shoulder joints.
A set of exercises for slimming the abdomen, sides, hips and buttocks
Effective exercises for losing weight on the abdomen, sides and legs look like this:
- Lizard.Exercise uses the muscles of the abdomen, buttocks, back and, to a small extent, the arms. Sitting on the floor, hands behind. Raise the buttocks as high as possible above the floor, bending in the back. In this case, the head is thrown back. Keep your legs straight. To facilitate the exercise, you can put your hands away from the buttocks, but it is worth noting that the closer the hands are to the buttocks, the more the muscles are tense.
- Scissors.Sitting on the floor with your back straight. Hands resting behind. Raise your legs 45 degrees above the floor. Hold for 10 seconds. Then, without lowering your legs, spread and bring them down for 15-25 seconds. The exercise is preferably done with the back in a position of a slight backward tilt. This will give maximum stress to the problem muscles of the abdomen and hips. The lower the back tilt and the smaller the angle between the floor and legs, the higher the difficulty of the exercise.
- Raising the knees in the supine position.Training involves the muscles of the trunk and lower extremities. Standing in the supine position (the stand is like in a push-up exercise), the back is straight, raise each knee in turn to the stomach as high as possible, first aiming at the shoulder of the same name for the maximum number of repetitions. Then to the opposite shoulder, the maximum number of repetitions.
Exercises with sports equipment are rightly considered to be more effective and more interesting to perform.
Hula hoop classes are suitable for girls of any age. They are very easy to implement and quite effective even at home.
It is not necessary to purchase expensive gym equipment for training the muscles of the trunk and hips. It is enough to buy a gymnastic hoop or hula hoop and systematically do the exercises listed below.
- Slopes.An elementary exercise that activates the oblique muscles of the abdomen, the external dentate muscle and the intercostal muscles. Systematic training of this muscle group will significantly reduce the waist and make the silhouette of the figure more athletic. Forward bends should be done with a perfectly flat back. This will tense the muscles along the spine, which are responsible for maintaining an even posture. Execution: standing on the floor. Legs slightly apart. Straight arms hold the hula hoop above the head. Trying not to move the pelvis, we tilt in all 4 directions. 12-17 repetitions in both directions.
- Turns.This exercise emphasizes the load on the oblique internal and external abdominal muscles. Since you need to hold the pelvis motionless, the muscles of the buttocks and hips are turned on. Put your feet wide. Hands hold the hula hoop in front of the chest. Without moving the pelvis, at the expense of 1 we turn to the right with the hoop, at the expense of 2 - to the starting position. We do not alternate sides. First, do 13 reps in one direction, then the same amount in the other direction.
- Swing your legs.This exercise uses the maximum number of muscle groups: muscles of the back, legs, arms, abdomen. Execution: standing on the floor. Hands at the top are holding a hula-hoop. Trying to keep the back immobile, we swing our legs 60-90 degrees forward, to the side, back. Kicks alternately for 12-22 repetitions in both directions.
The next exercise is with dumbbells (at home, dumbbells can be replaced with any heavy thing of the desired weight).
Squats are the best exercise for stressing the glutes and thighs. Take dumbbells in hand. From a standing position, step forward with your right foot. And we sit down so that the left knee touches the floor, and the angle at the knee joint of the right leg was at least 90 degrees (this is a safe angle when loading the knee joint). We repeat in turn for both legs 13 times.
Next, let's start with the ball. The best exercise with a ball, which trains all muscle groups in our body, is the "Airplane on the ball".
The muscles of the buttocks, abdomen and back receive a great load during this exercise. It will increase the tone of your body and definitely improve your mood, as boring is definitely not an exercise.
Airplane on Ball: Place the ball on a flat surface. Lie with your stomach on the ball, keeping your hands and feet on the floor.
Once you're comfortable, try to lift your arms and legs off the floor at the same time. In this case, it is important that the entire torso and limbs are at the same level. We hold this position for about 30 seconds.
Breathing exercises for belly slimming at home
- Diaphragm Breathing(belly breathing) is a preparatory exercise for the next step. It prepares your muscles for stress and prevents convulsive reactions from overexertion. Fulfillment: while inhaling, you stick out your stomach, while exhaling, you pull your stomach into yourself, squeezing out the air from the body.
- Vacuumis a versatile exercise to increase the firmness of your figure, as well as to reduce your waist. This action can be performed not only at home, but at any time at work. It is done in a lying position, standing, sitting, and also on all fours (the most difficult option). The technique is quite simple. We take the desired position. We breathe in and, as we exhale, we draw our stomach into ourselves, hold your breath for a couple of seconds at the initial stage. Start classes 1 time per day and increase the number and duration as desired.
Tips from trainers and nutritionists for effective belly weight loss
Storing excess belly fat has always been a problem for men and women of all ages. Excess calories are immediately deposited for some reason right there.
In order to keep yourself in shape and look attractive for the spring-summer season, you need to start training at least 4-6 months in advance. Our body is not able to lose weight specifically in a certain area.
We lose extra pounds gradually and evenly from all parts of the body. Therefore, your workouts should include strength and aerobic exercise for the whole body.
And at the end of the workout, do targeted exercises for problem areas. Workouts are best done several times a week for an hour and a half.
Try to change your diet to enhance the effect of your exercise. 2 hours before training, it is better to eat complex carbohydrates (boiled cereals), and protein foods (boiled meat, eggs) 90 minutes after exercise.
Drink plenty of plain water, both during and outside your workout. Reduce your consumption of flour and sugary foods.
Try to avoid soda and sugary drinks. Move your main meal into the morning.
You Can Lose Weight! If you really want it, luck will always be with you. Love yourself and others will fall in love with you too!