Everyone knows that yoga brings tremendous benefits to the body. It is important that with the help of yoga exercises you can always be slim and mobile. To bring your body back to its natural shape, slimming asanas are great.
Drawing up a weight loss program
A complex of asanas for weight loss can be independently made by those who already have some experience in yoga.
There must be a warm-up at the beginning of the lesson, 5-10 minutes are allotted for it. After that, asanas are made in different positions. It is important to know that morning yoga is most effective.
The best yoga asanas for weight loss are twisting poses (Bharadvajasana, Ardha Matsyendrasana, Sage pose, etc. ). They activate the digestive system, cleanse the liver and kidneys. When the intestines are functioning well, they fight fat deposits and support the whole body.
To perform asanas while standing, you need to master the balancing of the body. They build strength in the muscles. To lose weight, the Chair, Eagle, Tree, Warrior, Crescent, Triangle exercises are perfect. For example, the Chair posture strengthens the spine, legs and hips. Asana Warrior stretches the muscles of the shoulders, upper back, abdomen. The Crescent and the Triangle strengthen the lower limbs, strengthen the spine, and activate the digestive system.
These exercises stimulate the abdominal region and thyroid glands. They relieve tension in the back well. For yoga practitioners in order to lose weight, it is imperative to include a shoulder stand and the Plow exercise in the asana complex. Try to hold these positions for 60 seconds.
Positions with a smooth arch of the back (fish, bridge) are perfect.
Do them in a sitting or standing position. In this aspect, the poses of the Face Down Dog, Uttansana, Upavishtha Konasana, Prazarita Padottanasana are perfect. They bring the hamstrings to work, strengthen the calves, make the digestive organs work, remove stress and tension.
All yoga sessions end with relaxation. It lasts from 5 to 10 minutes. This allows the body to calm down, relieve anxiety, stress, which, as a result, will affect weight loss. For relaxation, you can use Shavasana, Balasana or the Child's pose.
It is very effective to set aside a few minutes a day for meditation to calm the mind, completely relax the body.
Below is a yoga complex for weight loss.
Complex of asanas for harmony
The proposed set of yoga exercises for weight loss is selected so that the asanas harmoniously affect the body. For a better understanding, the exercises are shown in the pictures.
Tadasana or Mountain Pose
The exercise is recommended to be done in between exercises or as a separate asana to align the posture. To perform Tadasana, you need to lift the upper limbs up through the sides, pull the body up.
While maintaining a pose, focus on the main muscles of the body. Breathing through the nose.
Uttanasana (tilt to the feet)
Uttanasana is one of the main yoga asanas. It makes the mind and body calm, stretches the muscles in the thigh area.
To make Uttanasana you need:
- Stand up straight, legs apart, arms relax.
- Inhale and slowly lean forward. When it is difficult to keep your knees straight, you can bend slightly.
- Lower your arms in contact with the floor or clasp your lower legs.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- Taking a long exhale, rise.
Bhujangasana or the Cobra pose well strengthens the spine, buttocks, and stretches the shoulders.
The exercise is performed from a prone position, face down. To rise, leaning on the forearms, keep the elbows near the chest. Inhale while straightening your arms. Try to pull the upper body higher. Stay in the asana for 30 seconds. On exhalation, go to the starting position.
You can not perform the asana for pregnant women and with spinal injuries.
Downward Dog Pose
The exercise perfectly develops the muscles of the thighs, calves, strengthens the upper limbs. Eases painful menopause.
Starting position of the Dog Face down, standing on all fours, arms and legs shoulder-width apart. On exhalation, slowly raise the buttocks up, straightening the lower limbs. Hold in a pose from one minute to three and go to the starting position.
Virabhrdrasana or Warrior Pose
Virabhrdrasana will perfectly stretch the thigh muscles and relieve back pain. It is necessary to stand up straight, bring your right leg forward, making a lunge at a distance of about one meter. Bend the knee until an angle of 90 degrees is formed. After that, simultaneously raise your straightened arms up. Stay in the asana for five breathing cycles and repeat the same, but with the left leg.
Uttikhta Trikonasana or Triangle Pose
To perform Uttihta Trikonasana, you must:
- Put your feet at a distance of 90-120 cm from one another, turn the left one 90 degrees outward, and the right one only 45 inward. Raise your arms to the sides with palms pointing down.
- On exhalation, the head turns to the left, leaning towards the left leg. The torso is parallel to the floor.
- The left hand reaches the foot, and the right hand is directed straight up.
- Breathing is even.
- After several breathing cycles, move to the starting position.
Ardha Matsyendrsana or the half-pose of the King of Pisces
This exercise stretches the spine and strengthens the muscles adjacent to the spine. The exercise is performed as follows:
- The starting position is sitting, put the right leg behind the left and place the foot, bringing it closer to the pelvis. Press the left elbow to the outside of the right thigh, rest on the back of the right hand.
- Turn your head to the right, directing your gaze into the distance.
- Helping with the left hand, turn the lower back more.
- In the position of maximum stretching of the muscles, do several breathing cycles and go to the starting position.
- Repeat the other way.
Salamba Shirshasana or headstand
Salamba Shirshasana will perfectly deepen the respiratory rate and open the energy of the spine, chest, diaphragm, strengthen the abdominal muscles, slow down the heartbeat, and lower blood pressure.
For safety, it is recommended that you place the stand close to a wall.
To enter Salamba Shirshasana, you need to do the following:
- Lay down a rug and kneel down beside it.
- Bend over, placing your forearms in the middle of the mat. Elbows shoulder-width apart.
- Connect and intertwine the fingers, forming a bowl with the palms. Keep the interlocking fingers throughout the entire asana.
- Put the crown of the head on the mat so that the bowl of palms covers the back of the head.
- Bring your knees to your head.
- While inhaling, tear your bent knees off the floor and raise your legs with a slight jerk. Raise your feet at the same time.
- Legs bent behind the back, pressing the heels to the buttocks.
- When you feel confident, straighten your legs slowly.
- The body is perpendicular to the surface.
Shavasana or relaxation pose
This asana completes the complex of exercises for weight loss. It promotes relaxation of the whole body.
It is necessary to lie down, spread the lower limbs at a comfortable distance, hands lie comfortably along the body, palms up. Relax, eyes closed.
Concentrate on your own breathing. Try to stretch in and out. We suggest you watch the video "Yoga for weight loss in 30 minutes".
How to find your version of weight loss poses
Yoga is a system of Indian asanas that support human health and fitness. Only in the harmony of body and soul can the desired result be achieved.
For the effectiveness of the selection of exercises for weight loss, it is important to consider the following points:
- In order to quickly acquire the desired form, the intensity of the classes is needed.
- If you have health problems, choose lighter asanas.
- With strength training, you can both lose weight and increase muscle volume. This must be taken into account by women who want to become slimmer.
- When there are stretching asanas, you don't have to worry about increasing muscle mass.
- After class, there should be no pain, the only exception can be DOMS.
- The feeling of other pains indicates errors in the performance of the asana.
Possibilities of yoga for weight loss
Doing yoga for weight loss:
- The body receives a certain amount of physical activity to help burn excess calories.
- The metabolism improves.
- A person gets used to eating right without much effort, there is simply no desire to eat unhealthy food.
- Systematically practicing yoga, a person masters the skill of correct breathing not only in the classroom, but also in everyday life. The body is enriched with oxygen.
The complexes are selected so that all muscle groups are activated. So, the buttocks will become elastic after a few months.
This is important because the gluteus muscles are difficult to manipulate. Regular exercise will remove fat in problem areas, the muscles will acquire relief, and joint mobility and flexibility will improve.