The Ducan Diet is a modern weight loss technique based on the consumption of foods high in protein. The use of this nutritional system allows not only to prevent weight gain, but also to get rid of 1. 5 to 50 kg of excess weight.
Currently, one of the most effective ways to deal with the hated kilograms is Dr. Ducan's diet, which, unlike mono-diets, has a varied diet and is perfect for food lovers.
The principle of the Ducan Diet is based on the consumption of protein products that are easily absorbed in the body, which contributes to the rapid loss of excess weight. In addition, in the process of losing weight, the gastrointestinal tract is cleansed of accumulated toxins and toxins, as well as an improvement in metabolism. The basic products of this method are bran, vegetables, low-fat fish, lean meat (chicken, turkey).
If it is necessary to lose 2-4 kg, a special express Dukan diet for 7 days has been developed, which is designed to speed up the metabolism to quickly obtain the desired effect. At the same time, it is strictly forbidden to independently increase its duration, since this can cause serious harm to health. With 5-10 kg overweight, you should pay attention to the Dukan diet for a month, which involves a gradual loss of weight while observing a correct diet and exercise.
In order to increase the effectiveness of weight loss, while following the Ducan diet, the following requirements should be adhered to:
- do morning exercises every day, walk for at least 20 minutes;
- increase the consumption of clean water up to 2 liters per day;
- include oat bran in the daily diet, while their amount directly depends on the stage of the diet.
According to the studies, the effectiveness of losing weight using this technique has been proven by professionals. As a rule, the loss of excess body weight varies from 0. 5 to 30 kg or more, while in 83. 3% of cases, 6-12 months after the end of the protein diet, weight stabilization occurs.
The duration of the diet directly depends on excess weight and individual characteristics of the organism.
According to the type of ingredients used, the protein method is of the following types:
- Ducan's Meat Diet;
The developed method of feeding along the ducan consists of four phases:
- Alternation or Cruise;
- "Consolidation" or "Consolidation";
Each stage has its own menu, duration, list of prohibited and acceptable products.
Advantages and disadvantages of the method
The Dukan Diet involves the use of exclusively natural beneficial ingredients that enrich the body with essential vitamins and minerals. However, such a food system has some pros and cons, contraindications, which are important to consider in the process of losing weight.
Advantages of the method
- Stabilization of weight and preservation of the result for a long time.
- High efficiency. Subject to the diet and basic requirements, weight loss per week will be from 1. 5 to 6 kg.
- No restrictions on the amount of food consumed and at the time of meals.
- Significant weight loss from the first days.
- A wide list of products, the use of which allows not only to painlessly quickly lose weight, but also to prepare delicious culinary masterpieces without prejudice to the figure.
Ducan's protein diet excludes the use of special chemical additives for weight loss, which have a destructive effect on the body.
Cons of a protein diet
- Limited fat intake. At the same time, their deficiency in the body can lead to a deterioration in the condition of the skin, the development of atherosclerosis, impaired cholesterol metabolism, inhibition of the reproductive function, deterioration of the nervous system.
- An imbalance in the diet, the need to consume vitamin and mineral complexes throughout the entire period of weight loss.
- Difficulty getting used to a new diet, as a result, a person's working capacity decreases, and fatigue increases.
The Ducan Diet, without fail, involves the daily consumption of oat bran.
Experts' opinions and contraindications
Considering the feedback from doctors, the strengths of Dr. Ducan's method are:
- a carefully designed nutrition ladder, namely the presence of the “fixing” and “stabilization” phases, which help to maintain the lost weight indicators;
- low aggressiveness of the program, due to this, in the process of passing the method, a person experiences minimal psychological stress;
- the need for physical activity;
- absence of "X" time, after which it is forbidden to eat.
The weaknesses of the diet include an insufficient balance of the diet, as a result, a decrease in immunity.
Despite the indisputable advantages of this technique and positive feedback from those who are losing weight, the Ducan scheme is contraindicated for people who have the following diseases:
- renal failure;
- problems with the cardiovascular system;
- stomach ulcer;
- intestinal dyskinesia;
- gallstone disease.
In addition, it is highly undesirable for the ducan diet to be used in adolescence or people whose work is associated with increased mental work and concentration (for example, doctors, drivers).
Before starting to lose weight, you should determine the optimal weight, based on the characteristics of the physique, gender, age, height, as well as the degree of daily activity.
Phase # 1 - "Attack"
The first stage of protein weight loss is characterized by rapid weight loss and a noticeable decrease in volume. Among the four phases, the "Attack" stage has the most stringent requirements, which should be impeccably fulfilled, since it is during this period that the total loss of excess body weight in the entire Ducan diet is determined.
"Attack" is a powerful loading of the body with protein, which helps to change metabolism and quickly get rid of fat deposits. In this phase, it is allowed to include unlimited protein products in the diet. At the same time, it is important to bake all dishes on the grill or steam them, without using fat, which will allow excluding the use of excessively high-calorie foods from the menu.
The first phase completely prohibits the intake of plant foods, restricts the use of salt and seasonings in the cooking process. The beginner's diet allows the use of pure meat, seafood, fish, raw and boiled eggs, low-fat sour milk products.
Mandatory conditions for losing weight at the "Attack" stage are the use of double-milled oat bran at least 1. 5 tbsp. spoons per day and drink plenty of water, at least 2 liters. liquids per day.
As a rule, the Attack stage is characterized by increased fatigue, weakness, irritability, hunger attacks, bad mood and dry mouth. That is why, at this stage, you should not perform heavy physical exercises, it is enough to limit yourself to a light warm-up and walking.
In order to avoid exhaustion of the body during this period, it is important to include vitamins in the diet.
Weekly Attack Phase Menu
Day # 1
- breakfast - meat, steam scrambled eggs, coffee or tea;
- lunch - bran bread, ear;
- afternoon tea - meringue or cottage cheese casserole;
- dinner - green or herbal tea, baked meat.
Day # 2
- breakfast - mineral water or tea, bran pancakes;
- lunch - boiled egg, soup with lean meat (veal, beef);
- afternoon tea - low fat yogurt;
- dinner - steamed fish or crustaceans.
Day # 3
- breakfast - tea, fish, omelet;
- lunch - skim milk, chicken cutlets;
- afternoon tea - yogurt or kefir, cottage cheese;
- dinner - shellfish or lightly salted salmon.
- breakfast - green tea, processed cheese, bran bread;
- lunch - soup;
- afternoon tea - coffee, cottage cheese casserole;
- Dinner - steamed rabbit meat, kefir.
Day # 5
- breakfast - yogurt, two boiled eggs;
- lunch - kefir, chicken liver or fish cakes;
- afternoon snack - lean ham or cottage cheese, skim milk;
- Dinner - herbal tea, duck / goose / turkey fillet, processed cheese.
- breakfast - scrambled eggs, coffee, two crab sticks;
- lunch - lean chicken broth with meatballs;
- afternoon tea - yogurt, bran;
- Dinner - gluten (2 tablespoons), green tea, seafood.
- breakfast - cottage cheese casserole, coffee;
- lunch - bran bread, parsley, ear;
- afternoon tea - light cottage cheese dessert, tea;
- dinner - kefir or skim milk, chicken cutlets.
The given ration for the ducan can be adjusted, depending on the state of health, namely, reduced by making a menu for 3 days. For example, you can swap meals or limit your food intake to 3 times a day. For a variety of food rations, specially developed dishes are presented in the network - “recipes for the first stage”.
The duration of the "Attack" phase varies in the range of 3-10 days and depends on excess weight: up to 20 kg - 3-5 days, from 20 to 30 kg - 5-7 days, over 30 kg - 7-10 days.
Phase # 2 - "Alternation" or "Cruise"
Cruise is one of the most important stages of weight loss according to Ducan's method. The essence of the stage is the alternation of protein-vegetable, protein days. The duration of the second phase depends on the weight lost during the attack and is determined on the basis of the following calculation: 1 kg of the lost weight at the first stage corresponds to 10 days at the “Cruise” stage.
If it is necessary to drop up to 10 kg, the alternation scheme of protein, protein-vegetable days can be 1: 1, 2: 2, 3: 3, over 10 kg - 5: 5. In the second case, it is important to first consult a doctor, since this system has a severe effect on the body, which can lead to a deterioration in the health of the losing weight.
At the same time, the process of losing weight will proceed much slower than during the "Attack" period and then only slow down, amounting to 1 kg of lost weight per week.
The safest and most efficient schedule for the Cruise phase is a 1: 1 or 2: 2 distribution.
Step two eliminates starchy foods such as avocado, artichoke, potatoes, corn, lentils, beans, beans, as well as rice, grains, and fat. It is strictly forbidden to eat mayonnaise, desserts and high-fat cakes. At the same time, raw vegetables are allowed during the cruise. If necessary, they can be heat treated (baked, boiled).
In contrast to the first phase, where the consumption of protein products was in unlimited quantities, the 2nd stage involves the intake of vegetables in portions and only in the amount that can satisfy the feeling of hunger.
Given the beneficial properties of oat bran, and in particular the ability to bind and actively remove cholesterol, at the stage of alternation it is important to eat them at least 2 tbsp. spoons every day.
Sample menu for alternation stage 1-1
Day # 1
- breakfast - coffee, scrambled eggs, carrots, bran loaves;
- lunch - steamed lean veal steak, vegetable soup;
- afternoon tea - herbal tea, syrniki;
- dinner - fresh vegetable salad, baked meat.
Day # 2
- breakfast - cottage cheese casserole, kefir;
- lunch - hodgepodge;
- afternoon tea - coffee, sandwich with lightly salted fish;
- dinner - skim milk or yogurt, meat roll.
Day # 3
- breakfast - yogurt, scrambled eggs, bread
- lunch - fish soup or meat / vegetable soups;
- afternoon tea - coffee, bran pancakes;
- dinner - raw vegetable salad, chicken cutlets.
- breakfast - herbal tea, scrambled eggs, boiled beets;
- lunch - baked fish, bran;
- afternoon tea - cheese cakes;
- Dinner - meatball soup.
- breakfast - lightly salted salmon, coffee, boiled eggs;
- lunch - "cabbage" salad, turkey meat;
- afternoon tea - cottage cheese casserole, kefir 0%;
- Dinner - processed cheese, fish with vegetables, tea.
- breakfast - coffee, cheese cakes;
- lunch - bran bread, ear;
- afternoon tea - salad of crustaceans or molluscs;
- dinner - baked fish or meat.
- breakfast - chicken fillet, tomato and radish salad;
- lunch - soup with veal meatballs;
- afternoon tea - cheese cakes, coffee;
- dinner - dishes from zucchini, kefir.
Phase # 3 - "Consolidation" or "Consolidation"
During the third phase, the weight is stabilized and the effect achieved in the previous periods is fixed. The duration of this stage determines the number of lost kilograms during the cruise and is determined on the basis that 10 days of the consolidation stage fall on 1 kg of body weight lost.
A prerequisite for the "Consolidation" phase is to spend one "protein" day a week, as well as a daily intake of 2. 5 tbsp. l oat bran and 1. 5 l of purified water.
List of products that are allowed for consumption during the pinning period:
- fruits, no more than one portion per day, except for bananas, grapes;
- low-fat cheese, up to 40 g;
- bread, 2 slices;
- beans, peas, lentils;
- rice, corn;
In addition, it is allowed to daily use vegetables from the second phase and protein foods from the first, in any combination, but in moderation. The maximum serving size is no more than 220 g.
The main feature of the "Consolidation" stage is the ability to eat absolutely any food once or twice a week for dinner.
There are two important rules to follow:
- eat no more than one portion of the first, second courses and dessert;
- the time interval between festive meals must be at least 2 days.
Menu for 7 days for the "Consolidation" phase
Day # 1
- breakfast - tea, cheese cakes;
- lunch - whole grain bread, ear;
- afternoon tea - rhubarb;
- dinner - boiled potatoes or corn porridge, chicken cutlets.
Day # 2
- breakfast - coffee, casserole with berries;
- lunch - bran bread, hodgepodge;
- afternoon tea - cheese cakes;
- dinner - vegetable salad, chicken fillet.
Day # 3
- breakfast - low-fat cottage cheese, yogurt;
- lunch - fish soup, boiled low-fat fish;
- afternoon tea - vegetable mousse;
- dinner - kefir, veal meat.
Day 4 (menu of the day from the Attack stage)
- breakfast - scrambled eggs, coffee, zucchini;
- lunch - lean chicken broth with meatballs;
- afternoon tea - yogurt, bran;
- dinner - green tea, seafood.
Day # 5
- breakfast - coffee, sandwich with lean ham;
- lunch - salad, steamed veal cutlets;
- afternoon tea - berries;
- dinner - frunchoza, baked fish.
- breakfast - cottage cheese, kefir, bran bread;
- lunch - hodgepodge, salad;
- afternoon tea - cheesecakes;
- dinner - vegetable stew, rice
- breakfast - a sandwich with lightly salted salmon, green tea;
- lunch - fish with vegetables;
- afternoon tea - goji berries;
- dinner - salad, turkey roll.
You can make adjustments to the above diet, taking into account the permitted and prohibited foods, while at the stage of "Consolidation" it is important to ensure that one day a week is strictly protein.
Phase 4 - Stabilization
The final stage of the Ducan Diet is the Stabilization stage, which provides a lifelong diet.
- Water. The consumption of non-carbonated purified liquid per day should be at least 1. 5 liters.
- Sports. To maintain shape and tone the muscles, you should do morning exercises every day, walk for 0. 5-2 hours, walk at least 10, 000 steps a day.
- Oat bran, should be added to food in the amount of 3 tbsp. spoons / day.
- Protein day. Once every 7 days, meals should be organized according to the principle of the first phase.
- A balanced diet. Be sure to consume a slice of cheese, two starchy foods, two slices of bread, vegetables, fruits and high protein ingredients every day.
- Moderation in food intake.
- Limit fish consumption, but rather replace it with other seafood.
- Avoid stressful situations.
Compliance with these rules will allow stabilizing and keeping the result within certain limits, obtained as a result of three stages.
In case of violation of the correct diet according to the Ducan concept, the following steps should be taken to restore the weight loss program without reducing its effectiveness:
- make protein the next two days;
- increase the duration of the "thwarted" phase by several days;
- limit salt intake;
- increase your fluid intake per day: water - up to 2 liters, green tea - 2 cups;
- walk for an hour during this period;
- increase sleep duration.
Compliance with the above factors will make the breakdown less painful, minimize the consequences of deviating from the diet and not harm your health.
Dukan Vegetable Method
In case of non-consumption of meat products, a special system of weight loss has been developed - the Dukan diet for vegetarians, which involves replacing animal proteins with vegetable ones. In fact, this technique differs from the "standard" concept by excluding fish, meat, offal, sausage and seafood from the menu.
During the "Attack" period, it is recommended to focus on: cottage cheese, yoghurt, kefir, low-fat cheese, tofu, okaru, soy meat, milk 0%. At the "Cruise" stage - for mushrooms, pumpkin, spinach, broccoli, beans, cabbage, carrots, eggplant, peppers and lactic acid products. At the “Fixing” stage, it is allowed to use all the ingredients from the first two phases, as well as several slices of bread, raisins, prunes, rice, buckwheat, oatmeal.
An important condition for the fourth phase is to spend one protein day a week, as well as a daily intake of 4 tbsp. l. oat bran, 1. 5-2 liters of water, exercise.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a protein diet good or dangerous for men?
The Ducan Technique is designed for weight loss and is gender independent. Proper nutrition according to the scheme, daily sports activities will gradually lose excess body weight and improve well-being, both in men and women.
What kind of sweetener can I use on the Ducan diet?
Xylitol, sucralose, aspartame, stevia.
Can honey be on Ducan's diet?
It is strictly prohibited, because it is 100% sugar, which is absolutely not permissible to add to the protein diet during and after losing weight.
Why is the Ducan diet dangerous?
With extreme caution, it is recommended to practice this diet for people with diabetes mellitus, since the process of assimilation of sugar from some vegetables and fruits is much faster than when it is taken in pure form. That is why the failure to take this factor into account can lead to a deterioration in the condition of patients.
Constipation with Ducan's diet what to do?
During the period of habituation of the body to a new diet, the problem of difficulty in defecation can often arise.
To eliminate such an unpleasant phenomenon, experts recommend:
- increase the amount of fluid consumed per day to 2 liters, while it is important for 35 minutes. drink 0. 25-0. 5 liters of water before eating;
- contains fibers such as rhubarb compote;
- change the diet, namely, alternate protein and protein-vegetable days according to the 1: 1 scheme;
- to increase the number of sports, in particular, to focus on brisk walking and swinging the press;
- Include paraffin oil in the diet.
What is COM in the Ducan Diet?
The abbreviation "SOM" is often used in the protein method of losing weight, it means 1. 5% skimmed milk powder.
Dukan's diet can alcohol be allowed?
The use of pure alcoholic beverages in the process of losing weight is strictly prohibited. However, they can be used in the preparation of main dishes, sauces, without a covered lid (up to 3 tablespoons per day) at the "Cruise" stage. This is due to the fact that during the heating period, the alcohol evaporates, leaving only an impeccable aroma.
What kind of cheese can you eat on the Ducan Diet?
At the "Alternation" stage, it is allowed to include in the daily diet 30 g of grated cheeses, with a maximum fat content of up to 6%, and during the "Consolidation" phase - up to 40 g of the variety richest in proteins with a fat content of 20%, up to 60d - from 10%.
Can mushrooms be on Ducan's diet?
"Forest bread" is prohibited to be consumed at the "Attack" stage, allowed during the "Alternation" and "Fixing" periods.
Can seeds be on the Ducan diet?
Due to the high fat and calorie content, it is recommended to completely exclude this product from the diet during weight loss. It is allowed to consume seeds in moderation only after achieving the desired result, at the stage of "Stabilization".
How Much Weight Can You Lose on the Ducan Diet?
In case of strict fulfillment of all conditions, this technique will help to lose from 5 to 50 kg or more. You can verify this by looking at the reviews and results with photos of people losing weight.
Can you eat bread on the Ducan diet?
Diet bread with oat bran is allowed.
Can Corn On The Ducan Diet?
Due to the high starch content, it is strictly forbidden to use this product during weight loss. The use of corn in limited quantities is allowed at the stage of "Stabilization".
Can Chicken Broth On The Ducan Diet?
Yes, starting from the first phase, provided that it is made from the loin.
Ducan's technique in "special" cases
Often during pregnancy and breastfeeding, a woman accumulates kilograms, which are necessary for the full development of the baby. The optimal weight gain is directly related to the body weight before pregnancy and, as a rule, ranges from 5 to 20 kg. However, there are cases when the "acquisition" of extra pounds occurs at an accelerated pace, which leads to excessive obesity of the mother and contributes to the risk of giving birth to an unhealthy baby, as well as the development of diseases of the musculoskeletal system and cardiovascular system.
Ducan's Diet for Pregnant Women
- Eliminate sweets and baked goods from the diet, which provide "empty" calories and lead to constipation.
- The weekly rate of starchy foods is two servings.
- Daily consumption of fruits and berries, except for bananas, cherries, grapes, in two portions
- Replacing "protein" Thursday with "protein".
- Adding lactic acid products and milk to the diet 2%.
- Possibility of one-time reception of your favorite dishes in limited quantities once a week, the so-called "feast".
The best option for a pregnant woman is to eat five times a day, with breaks of 3-3. 5 hours. However, due to the individual characteristics of the body, whether such a diet scheme is suitable for a woman, it is necessary to look at her well-being, individually.
Approximate menu for nursing mothers and during pregnancy:
- breakfast - green tea, whole grain bread, ham omelet;
- second breakfast - berries or fruits;
- lunch - baked lean meat, low-fat chicken broth or fish soup, salad;
- light afternoon tea - green tea, curd and berry casserole;
- dinner - turkey fillet, pasta, vegetable stew.
The Ducan's Diet for Nursing Moms not only consists of proper nutrition, but also involves hiking every day for at least 20 minutes in the fresh air.
If you follow all the requirements of the Ducan diet, if necessary, you can lose weight by 30 kg or more, as well as speed up metabolism, cleanse the body of toxins, and improve your well-being. However, it is worth remembering that the “stabilization” phase lasts a lifetime, which is why during this period you should carefully choose the menu so that the lost kilograms do not come back again.