If you have acute pancreatitis, or if you are diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis, your life will not be the same: you will have to change everything.
There is something to eat and drink with inflammation of the pancreas under no circumstances. These include:
- Alcohol (any), grape juice, soda;
- Chocolate, fat cream;
- Sheep meat;
- All fatty fish;
- Smoked meat, lard;
- Fried, spicy;
- Hard boiled egg;
- Semi-finished products;
- Cooking fats;
- Date fruit;
- Rich broths;
- Preserves, jams;
- Any canned food;
- Sundae (and ice cream in general);
First, let's talk about nutrition for acute pancreatitis. Immediately after an exacerbation and for the next two days, you should not eat at all. All we are allowed is five or six glasses of mineral water. Regeneration of the organ occurs due to the fact that gastric and pancreatic juice is not secreted.
On the third day, you can eat, but liquid unsalted food with a high content of carbohydrates. Wheat crackers, soups with vegetables and cereals, with a weak broth are allowed. After that, you can enter steam omelets, turkey fillets, chicken, lean fish.
On the fifth day, the calorie content increases to 700-800 kcal, of which 200 g are carbohydrates, 15 g are proteins. Fats are introduced between the sixth and ninth day.
The menu during this period should be as follows:
- We have breakfast with rice porridge without milk, tea with sugar, orange (apple);
- Snack on carrot (potato) puree, boiled low-fat fish or chicken (50g), rosehip broth;
- 150 g of broth (vegetable), 30 g of boiled fish (veal), mashed apple, mashed potatoes for lunch;
- Second snack. 50 g of cottage cheese (0-2%) with sugar, sweet tea;
- Instead of supper - a spoonful of honey and boiled water (250 ml).
Recovery after exacerbation
Nutrition for pancreatic pancreatitis after an exacerbation is more varied. If you try, you can really find fun and delicious recipes from what is allowed. We eat 5-6 times a day. It is best to use steam when cooking, puree everything with a blender, cook.
You can eat:
- Meat with a minimum of fat (chop and cook). Cooking meatballs, steamed cutlets, meat soufflés. Allowed lean beef, rabbit, turkey fillet, chicken, veal;
- Fish (you can use pollock, cod, pike, pike perch, flounder and other lean varieties). Boil or steam, steam cutlets are allowed;
- Porridge made from oats, buckwheat, semolina, rice. Barley with corn is rare. We cook in water (or milk and water in equal proportions);
- Pasta. Do not add sauce, only olive oil, butter. Do not fry with garlic, oil, onions;
- Milk products. Whole milk is not recommended. Fermented baked milk, kefir, cottage cheese up to 9%, mild cheeses are permissible;
- Egg. Just like an omelet or soft-boiled. Use rarely;
- Vegetables. Baked, boiled, mashed, vegetarian soups, casseroles. Pay attention to carrots, potatoes, melons, beets, green peas, cauliflower. You can not eat most of the cruciferous family, mushrooms, horseradish, raw onions, spinach, garlic, beans (legumes in general), sweet peppers, sorrel;
- We also bake fruits, cook compotes, jelly, make mashed potatoes. Apricots, watermelons, melons are ideal;
- Dry white bread with pancreatitis, drink tea with savory and not rich cookies;
- Homemade jelly, mousse. Less commonly, marshmallows;
- Still mineral waters, compote, weak tea, rosehip broth, jelly.
The diet for chronic pancreatic pancreatitis differs from the menu for acute inflammation. The chronic "version" develops together with an acute inflammatory process of the gland, with cirrhosis, hepatitis, gallstone disease, ulcers of the intestine and stomach, atherosclerosis. The menu should take into account the background of what ailment pancreatitis has developed.
The main method of treatment for you is not drugs, but a diet for chronic pancreatitis, an approximate menu of which is based on several principles:
- We eat six times a day and little by little, products with a laxative effect are required.
- Keep track of your daily protein intake. It needs 130 g per day, vegetable proteins need 30% of this figure. Veal with beef, rabbit, turkey, pork with a minimum of fat, chicken, and lean fish are recommended. With constant pain, the meat is cooked chopped or steamed. You should not give up low-fat fish and meat dishes: they will prevent fatty degeneration of the liver, which is characteristic of chronic inflammatory processes in the pancreas;
- Fatty transformation is counteracted by homemade fresh cottage cheese (not sour and with a minimum percentage of fat). Other dairy products are also needed. Whole milk is added to the first courses, cereals, jelly, or drunk half a glass a day (if well tolerated). The fat content of milk should not exceed 2. 5%. If you feel good, let's say cheese (a little) with a minimum of fat and mild varieties. Do not forget about kefir and fermented baked milk (homemade is the best option). There is no need to eat store-bought yoghurts with flavors and starch: there is little benefit here;
- Eggs. Whole ones are not recommended. Eggs are acceptable as an addition to other dishes, in the form of a steam omelet (protein), whipped proteins in other dishes;
- Vegetable proteins. We are looking for them in rice, pasta, yesterday's bread, oatmeal, semolina, breadcrumbs, buckwheat. Legumes are prohibited;
- Fats. There should be 70 of them in the patient's diet. 80% should be of animal origin. They will be consumed correctly with other foods and dishes. Put butter in ready-made porridge or pasta before eating. Vegetable oils are permissible if you tolerate them well. Other types of fats (culinary, beef, margarine, pork) are prohibited;
- Carbohydrates. They need up to 350 g per day. These are honey, sugar, syrups and jams. You need to eat semolina, oatmeal, buckwheat, pearl barley, rice, pasta. From vegetables, carrots and beets, potatoes, melons (zucchini, pumpkin, squash) are acceptable. It is better to cook them in steam or water, steam pudding is also suitable, it would be ideal to eat vegetables in the form of mashed potatoes. Do not eat them raw. Bread is allowed white, black, gray;
- Fruit. Most of all, apples of non-acidic varieties are needed. Bake, wipe, boil compote. For the latter, dried fruits are suitable;
- Sauces. Of all the variety with pancreatitis, one bechamel made from flour and milk is allowed. We do not pass the flour, add a minimum of salt;
- First meal. We never refuse them. You are allowed cereal, vegetable, lean poultry, meat, fruit, dairy soups;
- Beverages. In addition to the aforementioned compote, it is useful to drink fruit juices, tea with milk, mineral water;
- Supplements, special products. Add protein powder and vitamins to the diet;
Do not overeat, the volume of food (plus all the liquid you drink) should not exceed two and a half kg. No matter how strict a diet for pancreatic pancreatitis may seem, an approximate menu may not be boring and varied.
Here's how you can organize your meals for a chronic illness:
- 7 - 7. 30 am. Breakfast. Milk oatmeal, boiled beef, sweetened tea;
- 9-9. 30 am. Lunch. Baked apple, steam omelet, rosehip tea;
- 13. 00. We have lunch with vegetable soup, beef soufflé, pasta. For sweet berry jelly and compote;
- 16. 30. Afternoon snack. Tea with cottage cheese;
- 20. 00. We have dinner with tea and fish soufflé.
Nutrition in remission
Here is a slightly different approach to diet planning. You can diversify the recipes. You need a lot of protein, more fat than in other cases. Carbohydrates are also complex.
The main features of the diet are:
- We use protein more than our physiological norm;
- Fats and complex carbohydrates are consumed within the limits of our norm, carbohydrates are obtained from cereals;
- Less than the norm are used jam, cakes, pastries, honey, sugar and salt.
During remission, it is worth abandoning substances that irritate the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract. It's not just alcohol - skip the vinegar and any spices.
If remission occurs, the diet can be varied. Now it is allowed not only to boil or steam food. You can stew and bake vegetables, fish and meat. Refuse from rubbing: it is still permissible to eat food whole. Food should be warm, but not hotter than 60 degrees. We eat from 4 to 6 times per knock, making intervals of up to three hours between meals.
In numbers, it looks like this:
- Protein needs 120 g, of which 70 g are of vegetable origin;
- Fat in the medical menu contains 90 g. A third of them are vegetable;
- We eat carbohydrates 350 g per day, 40 g of them are easily digestible;
- Caloric content - up to 2600 kcal.
Several good recipes
Do not be afraid of bland food and tasteless vegetables. With inflammation of the pancreas, there is also an opportunity to roam culinary skills. Here's some inspiration and sweets for a sample pancreatic pancreatitis diet menu.
- Cottage cheese casserole in the microwave. Beat 2% cottage cheese with banana with a blender, add chopped date. We bake for about five minutes in silicone molds. Use with natural yoghurt (unsweetened);
- Apple baked with curd meringue. Wash the fruit, get rid of the middle, cutting into two parts. Beat the protein and powdered sugar separately until thickened. In the process of whipping, put 2% cottage cheese into the mixture. We stuff the fruits, bake in a regular oven (at 160 degrees) for a third of an hour;
- Biscuits. Mix flour (6 tablespoons) with half a tablespoon of olive oil, the same amount of baking powder, warm water and a third of a teaspoon of salt, plus Italian herbs to taste. Having rolled it into a layer 3 mm thick and punctured with a fork, we bake for a quarter of an hour at a temperature of 170 degrees.
A diet for inflammation of the pancreas should be prescribed by a gastroenterologist. Therefore, take our approximate diet menu for pancreatitis only as a recommendation, advice. Your task is not to make the diet bland and not to lose interest in food. Eat right.